Monday, December 27, 2010

Apartment confirmed

We have an apartment in Lublin!  Our agent has finally confirmed that we have a place.  I'm still waiting for details - like the specific address - but I'm confident this and other details will be provided shortly.

A funny side note:  We spoke via phone/skype today and tried to exchange email addresses.  I hadn't realized how hard some 'techie' words are to translate.  I spelled my name carolyn.shaw and then got to the @ sign.  She seemed a bit flustered, and then proposed that she give me her address instead.  She carefully spelled it out and then said "monkey" (!)  I quickly realized this meant @ and sent her a test message.  She replied, and we so we successfully navigated an unexpected tech hurdle..."monkey" hahaha...they didn't teach that one on Rosetta Stone!  -Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment