Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shipping things to Poland

We have planned all along to pack our necessities in our suitcases and ship our others things by post to Poland.  Delivery by the shipping service (by boat) takes about 4-6 weeks, so my plan has been to ship things at the end of December so they arrive in Lublin shortly after we do in January.  I've packed three midsized boxes with the things we think we will need/want and feel pretty good about what we've decided to take.  (The harsh winter weather reports across Europe in recent weeks has resulted in packing more long underwear, etc.)  I'm ready to put these boxes in the mail and cross my fingers that they arrive in tact in Lublin...EXCEPT that I don't have an address to ship them to.  We don't have an apartment yet, so I can't ship them to our residence.  I've asked to ship them to my university department, but with the arrival of the holidays, I've not received confirmation that I can ship things there either.  I think I'll ask my Polish-American friend to place another call for me to the department to let them know the boxes are on the way and to please put them aside for me...Then all I need to do is make sure the address is accurate and complete the customs declaration form.  -Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. Your boxes will make it! Our five big boxes did-a little beat up, but just fine. And you will be there before the boxes arrive so you can be on the lookout for them! We cannot wait to relive our Polish adventure through you guys. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete