Sunday, November 14, 2010

Further info - Feb

By February I was impatient to learn more about how this incredible trip was going to occur. I finally received an information pack with various forms and some FAQs. I read every page eagerly, expecting to learn about housing, teaching loads, and salary arrangements, etc. Instead I learned about the Fly America Act, which requires travelers using federal funds to use American carriers (since our trip was still 11 months away, this was not a high priority for me yet), and about HIV/AIDS transmission and global health alerts. We would all need to get physicals and send the appropriate forms in for health clearance, but this could not be done until 6 months prior to travel (July at the earliest). Again, more information would be sent shortly... - Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment