Sunday, November 14, 2010

More info needed - March

Patience is not one of my strengths...
I finally started sending emails to the various contacts provided in the documents I received in Feb. 'Can you please tell me a bit more? Who should I contact for information about X?' Finally one person suggested that I look on the Fulbright web page and contact some of the current Fulbright scholars that were posted in Poland. The page didn't give locations or academic disciplines, so I randomly picked some names and sent out an email introducing myself and seeking any helpful hints about living and working in Poland. All of them responded quickly and with helpful info. One was living in Lublin and working at UMCS - very helpful! And one had brought his whole family (to Gdansk) and was originally from Olathe Kansas (it is a small world). We actually skyped several times and he sent me his Fulbright Handbook with lots of in-country information. This gave me a MUCH better idea of what to expect. -Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment