Friday, January 28, 2011

Reflections

The buses here are a combination of new and modern (bendable and non-bendable per Delaney) and old Soviet era diesel or electric (old, utilitarian, functional, and manual transmissions - makes me think of Ralph Cramden). I like very much the idea of "if it works, keep it".
Adam and I ventured back to the E. LeClerc for some more supplies. For a 2L bottle of Mountain Dew, Adam was willing to carry back on the bus two 6L bottles of water. We are drinking only bottled water as the water here has heavy metals in it. O.K. for a short while, long term not so good. We ran out this morning and I used tap water in my coffee, the taste was poor.
Carolyn and Delaney went to the local swimming pool to scout it out for tomorrow's possible outing with Julia, our landlord's daughter. Expect another post on that. -David

No comments:

Post a Comment