Saturday, January 22, 2011

The jet lag experience

Our whole family was up in the middle of the night last night as we wrestled with jet lag and fatigue.  We all crashed about 6:30 pm last night.  I then woke up at 8:00 pm, 9:00, and 10:00, going to sleep again pretty quickly.  When I woke at 2:00 am I wasn't ready to be up, but knew I couldn't fall asleep. I quietly got up and started typing a few thoughts on my computer.  Delaney rolled over and asked brightly "Is it morning?"  We  turned on the light and read books for a while, then I laid back down and she put on her headphones and listened to storybooks until she was able to fall asleep again (4:00 am).  We both slept til about 8:00 am and felt much more rested when we got up.  The shower had full water pressure and plenty of hot water (A+! for Etap Hotel).  Breakfast offered a variety of options including 4 different breads, ham, turkey, several cheeses, jam, nutella, corn flakes, granola, yougert, fruit cocktail, apple and orange juice.  We enjoyed the day at the Arkadia Mall (see Delaney's reflections) and headed back to the hotel at dark (4:30 pm).  Not sure how we'll spend the day tomorrow...but the Copernicus Science Museum is in the running.  -Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment