Sunday, January 30, 2011

Winter fashions

We anticipated that we might stick out a bit here, you know...the obvious Americans.  However, several people on the street have approached us asking for directions, so we apparently don't stick out too much.  We are not, however, entirely stylish.  Based on my observations,  I have the fashion sense of an old lady.  I don't have skinny jeans tucked into knee-high fashion boots.  My sturdy LL Bean stompers and warm corderoy slacks are quite comfy, but are only worn by people 60+.  Oh well.  I'm not trading in my comfort for style at this point.




Its fun to see the little kids around town.  Everyone under 5 is dressed in ski pants.  I guess they figure the kids will be into the snow and crawling around, so they are prepared.

Everyone, including teens, are bundled up well.  Scarves are a standard clothing item for men and women of all ages.  Most people wear winter hats and gloves as well.  Adam, who refuses to wear his coat (or hat, or gloves), sticks out like a sore thumb.  He does have long underwear, a long sleeve shirt, and a lined flannel shirt on, so I don't think he's freezing, but he still looks out of place. -Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment