Saturday, January 22, 2011

Delaney's update


We had breakfast at the hotel and it tasted really weird, except the yougert which was good.  My luggage didn’t come last night so I had to wear the same clothes again!  We decided to go to the store to find some extra clothes.  We decided to take a taxi instead of a “bendable bus” [the city buses are double long with an extension in the middle]. Our whole family spent the day at the Arkadia Mall – the largest in central Europe!  









Dad took forever getting our cell phones to work while Adam, Mom and I went into a huge grocery store to look around.   I had a cheeseburger at McDonald’s, but we had to scrape off the toppings because Mom couldn’t figure out how to ask for a plain cheeseburger.  French fries are called “frytki”.  We went to the movies after lunch and watched Megamochny (Megamind).  We were told it was in English with Polish subtitles, but it was just in Polish!  You might think that you can’t enjoy a movie if you don’t understand what is being said, but we did.  It made me laugh.  We also bought me another book to read because I read all the books we brought on the plane. -Delaney
 

No comments:

Post a Comment