Monday, March 7, 2011

Broken down bus > detour required

The bus service in Lublin has been very reliable thus far.  Buses run within 5 minutes of their schedule most of the time.  Routes are clearly marked, etc.  Today I was on one of the oldest buses in the system, coming home from dropping Delaney at school.  One stop after getting on, the bus jerked strongly then came to a stop.  The driver said something and everyone moaned a bit and got off the bus.  I just followed them.  I hadn't been at this particular stop before and didn't know what my other options were.  I assumed another bus for the same route would be by eventually, but it would be nice not to have to wait.  I looked closely at the schedules that were posted and saw that another bus came within two stops of our apartment, so I hopped on that one and made it home, discovering a new neighborhood in the process.  Its always an adventure : )

No comments:

Post a Comment