Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Polish / English lessons

I recently took a little break from my tutorials with Delaney's classmates because we were traveling, and then several of the kids were sick.  I was a bit anxious about continuing it, not knowing if the kids enjoyed it or not, so I emailed Delaney's teacher and she said the kids liked it, so I should keep doing the lessons.  This morning I asked Delaney if she wanted to and she did, so I asked her friend Martina who immediately smiled and grabbed her bag to head up to the classroom with me.  We worked on some words for items around the classroom - pencil, paper, notebook.  I pointed to the carpet in the corner, expecting to get the word "dywan", but Delaney seized the bean-bag instead and we both learned the word 'poof-ek'. We both had a good laugh over this word.  Its fits the item so much better than 'bean bag'.   I don't know how you spell it, because google translate only does a literal translation (ha!).  Some words in Polish are just fun to say, but smaczne (smach-nay) "tasty" is still my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment