Saturday, March 19, 2011

Teaching

My classes are going fine.  Its been interesting as I prep each week's lessons to think of examples that are not US-centric.  Its always more meaningful to have examples that you can relate to, so I've been trying to put things in a European context.  I'm also learning more about politics and culture in Poland as they relate to my courses.

I find much of my interaction with students is similar to my students at home.  Some turn in assignments on time, others don't.  Some are in class regularly, others are not.  Some are deeply engaged in the materials, others only marginally so.  Its not too much of an adjustment.  The biggest challenges are administrative.  I don't have an official list of students who are enrolled in my classes.  The students simply have me sign a sheet of paper stating the date by which they must complete their final. I've passed around a sheet for students to sign to provide their email addresses.   There is no online course system where I can post weekly assignment grades.  I've posted an excel sheet on my own class webpage instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment