Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Random kindness

I stopped by the post office for some post card stamps today.  I had one with me and needed some extra stamps for the ones at home.  The woman behind the counter provided the two stamps needed for my one post card, but didn't understand my request for more stamps (probably because I couldn't remember the word for "more"!)  I said "I have 2 postcards" and gestured toward the stamp drawer, but she just looked confused and shrugged.  I tried several times in different ways to convey that I needed more stamps and was about to give up when a man behind me kindly said "Can I help you?".  I explained to him, and he clarified my request to her.  I got the stamps I needed.  My thanks to the Polish stranger at the post office today!

No comments:

Post a Comment