Thursday, June 9, 2011

US Ambassador

An end-of-the-year reception for the visiting US Fulbrights and the outgoing Polish Fulbrights was held at the US ambassador's residence in Warsaw this week.  Since I didn't get a chance to meet him during the fall orientation (having arrived in January, not September), it was a fun opportunity.  We received certificates, heard a few short speeches, and had lunch.  The "its a small world" phenomenon occurred when I introduced myself to the man standing next to me in the garden and he was indicated he was a Polish post-doc who was going to Kansas City next year to research at the Truman library!  We chatted a bit about Kansas/Missouri and the Midwest.  He's bringing his wife and 2 year old, so we talked about traveling with family.  (I have it much easier with a 14 and 8 year old!)

US Ambassador to Poland - Lee Feinstein

 Ambassador's residence

No comments:

Post a Comment