Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mönchshof Kellerbier


After the other nights disappointing brew (see May 2, Karmi classic), I decided to play it safe and treat myself to a German beer. Meet the Kellerbier by Mönchshof. Kellerbier translates as "cellar beer" and is an unfiltered, unpasteurized beer. The traditional way of drinking this wonderful German lager (isn't that an oxymoron, "wonderful German lager"?) is out of earthenware mugs. Since I don't have said earthenware mug, the traditional beer glass will have to do. I chose this beer out of a keen sense of wisdom, knowing a good brew when I see it (actually, Adam picked it out for me as he wanted the empty bottle due to the ceramic pop top, but I'm not telling).
For more information on this beer and it's type, go to www.germanbeerinstitute.com/Kellerbier.html
and www.kulmbacher.de/en/klbag/index.php?from=moe

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment