Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Hey Mom"

Although I have posted several blog comments from Delaney's perspective, I don't think I could successfully do so for Athens.  It was clear for our touring yesterday that the things that catch her eye are often not the same things that catch my eye.  We started out the day headed to the Acropolis, leaving our hotel, crossing the busy street with no traffic light or cross walk, taking the metro and then walking to the Acropolis.  While I'm occupied trying to figure out if speeding cars and motorbikes are going to exit the roundabout on the street we are trying to cross, Delaney is saying "Hey Mom, hey Mom, did you see that donut?" (in the window of the restaurant on the corner). "No honey, I missed it" "Aw, Mom!" As I'm trying to shove my way onto the crowded metro and be aware of potential pick pockets..."Hey Mom, hey Mom, did you see that sign?" (on the wall of the metro station, advertising some upcoming movie) "No Sweetie, I didn't see it" "Aw, Mom!" By the time we were halfway up the hill to the Acropolis, I was trying to teach her a new phrase "Hey Dad".  It didn't stick.  It was a great day, but I was glad when the "Hey Mom" finally fell asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment