Saturday, May 7, 2011

Staropramen


I first tasted this wonderful Pilsner when we visited Prague. Staropramen is the second largest brewery in the Czech Republic (behind, I believe, Pilsner Urquell). Pilsner originated in Pilsen, Bohemia, Czech Republic in 1842 and is a bottom fermented pale lager (lager: "storage" in German). According to the reviews that I read, Staropramen is slightly sweeter than Pilsner Urquell, which is more hopy. I can agree with this as Pilsner Urquell is my favorite Pilsner that I have found available in the states (and I have been enjoying Pilsner Urquell here in Poland as well). I will be looking for Staropramen when I return in the states (what do you say, Kirk, is it available?). For you Pilsner lovers, if you want the best, go to the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment