Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bad luck shopping

David remarked today that I seem to have the remarkable gift of selecting one item on each shopping trip that does not have a scan code on it.  This involves the checker placing a call, a person coming forward to see the item and then disappearing, often never to return.  Several times we've waited and waited, finally just thanking the checker and leaving.  Today the item was staples for my newly purchased stapler.  It was not an option to just forget about it.  Staplers need staples.  After waiting while 6 more shoppers' items were rung up, I finally went back to the aisle myself, checked the price, got another pack of staples and went through another line.  The checker tried to ring them up and failed.   I told her they were 3 zloty 19 gr.  She proceeded to call someone up to check on the price.  The woman looked annoyed because she had been called to check on this item once already (but clearly hadn't followed through because she disappeared again to go look it up).  She finally came back and my staples were rung up: 3 z 19 g.  Sigh.  Misson accomplished. -Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment