Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First Day of Class

Both of my classes met for the first time today.  I'm teaching undergrad Intro to Int'l Relations Theory and graduate Post-Conflict Peacebuilding.  Both classes meet in the same classroom (below).  During the first week of classes, students visit many of the different classes that they are interested in, then choose to enroll in their favorites.  There are some things that don't change across cultures...all the students left the first few rows empty and filled in from the back of the room first : )

My students seemed a bit surprised by the graded expectations for the classes.  I did my best to explain the reasoning behind the graded components, but 'different' is often unsettling and I may lose some students before we meet again next week.  I may have to fully rethink some of my simulations as a consequence...

No comments:

Post a Comment