Friday, February 18, 2011

Political Science Major - Academic comparisons

I learned more about the Political Science degree at UMCS today.  I had noticed that the students kind of hung around the in halls between classes, but I didn't see many heading toward the main part of campus several blocks away.  I asked if they took any classes on the other part of campus and was told that they took all of their classes in the Pol Sci building and another near by.  Apparently pol sci majors take all pol sci classes.  The first year they take intro philosophy, econ and sociology, but these are taught by Pol Sci faculty.  After that its all Pol Sci classes.  My colleague seemed surprised to learn that at WSU, pol sci majors take 120 hours of classes and only 33 of those hours are in Political Science.  Quite a contrast!

No comments:

Post a Comment