Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feeling settled in

With the unpacking of our two boxes, and the experience of living in our apartment for almost three weeks, we are starting to feel more settled.  Whenever you move to a new place, it takes a while to figure out if you like your plates in this cabinet or that cabinet, or the broom in the coat closet or the pantry.  Little things like that.  Rather than leaving everything piled on the coffee table, we are starting to find logical places to put things away (and remember where we put them).  I've finally created a workspace for myself on the desk in my bedroom and feel like I can focus on finalizing my classes now.  The extensive   initial "to do" list is shrinking: get student ID cards, get tax ID number, establish residency at city hall, purchase bus passes, find out where to get a recorder for Adam's music class, locate the pool and ice rink, search for various food items in unfamiliar stores, etc. -Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment