Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Graffiti

We've noticed in past trips to Europe that graffiti is all over, and that is true in Lublin too.  Its particularly striking when its around attractive monuments and historic sites.  I guess in many places in the US a lot of money is spent removing the graffiti.  That doesn't seem to be the case here.  Its scratched into bus windows, sprayed onto bus stops, and every free space available.  Adam and I agreed that it was a little creepy that it was sprayed on this first story balcony on an apartment near us.  I'd hate to come out to my balcony and find someone marking it.  What I don't understand is why it just seems to stay there...I would think that the apartment owners or renters would clean it off.




1 comment:

  1. At least you probably can't understand what it says... I can't even decipher graffiti in English half the time!

    ReplyDelete