Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Are the words "airline" and "service" oxymorons?

I admire those people who can keep their cool when things are hot – literally.  Riding on the train to Warsaw today was excrutiatingly hot and stuffy.  I was the only one of six people in the cabin who apparently wanted the window open, although the man next to me was perspiring heavily, no one else was even breaking a sweat, even while wearing long sleeves and corderoy pants when it was 75+ degrees!  I was so glad to get off that train!

I experienced uncommon airline courtesy on my flight from Warsaw to Brussels…the flight attendant approached me midway through the flight and said “you have a very short connection time and you must clear customs and security and go to another terminal.  Would you like to move to the first row of the plane so you can be the first one off?”  I move up and made the connection without any problem.  Merci Brussels Airlines.

My hotel is pretty bare bones by US standards, but quite roomy by British standards (and better be for the rate!).  A queen sized bed, very nice TV, and really interesting bathroom “module” that is something like a giant port-a-potty with shower, toilet and sink inclusive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment