Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Classroom Simulations

I'm very pleased to report that all three of the role play exercises that I planned for my classes have been completed and went well.  I will be presenting a preliminary research paper discussing how "exportable" active learning exercises are to other cultures at the British International Studies Association Conference in Manchester this week.  I've been reading a lot of other articles by faculty who have taught abroad and written about their experiences.  It is so interesting to see how different cultures value different elements of education and use certain teaching methods.  I feel like my experience in Poland was a relatively comfortable fit, with the students being open to trying new things and the faculty being supportive of my methods and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment