Saturday, April 30, 2011

Local brew pub

The other week, Dave, Gary (the other two Fulbright professors here) and I visited a local brew-pub in old town called Groezka Browar Restauracja. They offered up three choices of beer: lager, pilsner and wheat in 1/2 litre and 1 litre mugs (and bottles and growlers for take away). I tried both the pilsner and lager in 1/2 litre mugs (had to take it easy, I was walking home later). The lager had more flavor and was a dark, maple color. It didn't stand out any amongst the other brew pub beer that I have had in the past but was good none-the-less. The pilsner looked and tasted like most pilsners (the better ones). They are light to begin with, so I never expect much. I wasn't disappointed. I don't know if they brew the beer there from start to finish, or bring in the wort and finish the process. Regardless, it is beer and beer is good (just ask Ben Franklin).
The restaurant consists of two big basement rooms, a bar and a dining area (both smoking I believe), and an upstairs dining room (non-smoking?). The kitchen is apparently on the bottom floor as I saw wait staff carrying food and drinks upstairs via an elevator. As in the other restaurants that we have visited in old town, the menus are also in English and the wait staff speak English. I like this as I get a chance to practice my Polish pronunciations with someone who can tell me in English that they have no idea what I just said (and I don't end up ordering something a little too exotic for my taste).
I am looking forward to another visit, not only to try the wheat beer but to also sample the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment